Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wool & Tights

If you live on the East Coast right now you know we are in the midst of a never ending winter. I had a bridal shower to go to last Saturday and it just felt odd wearing such wintery clothes. For some reason I always equate bridal showers with pastels, but maybe that's just me! Anyway, I dug out a wool skirt I had tucked away in one of my bottom dresser drawers and wound up with, what I think, was a fun and warm outfit. I actually wore this skirt to the NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) conference back in November, so I'd say this could double as a teaching outfit, except I'd probably pair it with flat boots since I'm not one for heels in the classroom. 



I created this basket for the bride-to-be. I purchased tea towels and oven mitts off her registry and then got the chalkboard jar at Michael's Craft Store (check 'em out here!) I made the monogram pennant banner myself. I just used fabric scraps with fabric glue and glitter, I'm not much of a sewer, unfortunately. 


Where it's all from...
Shoes: Old Navy (last season), similar found here
Skirt: Jack. I purchased this at Century 21, but you can also get it here
Denim Shirt: H&M (last season), similar found here
Necklace: J. Crew Factory (last season), similar found here
Bag: Kate Spade (old), similar found here

P.S.- I got the Kate Spade bag at Century 21, so I assure you I paid wayy less than the one I linked. I couldn't find a cheaper option online that looked similar. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment